*~*

A Life of Honest Connection

Thursday, June 2, 2011

21 Day Challenge- Shattering Resistance and Old Patterns!

I started a 21 day Challenge with myself today. EVERYDAY these are the things I promise to do for myself. . . It's an experiment, it can't hurt, I say WHY not. . .

Everyday I Will
  • Free Write 3 Pages as soon as I wake up
  • Meditate
  • 45-60 minutes of exercise
  • Repeat the following 5 affirmations in the mirror 21 times.
    • I am Powerful
    • I'm lucky
    • I am enough.
    • I am a Millionaire
    • I love you.
  • Write for 2 hours (my stuff, scripts, blogs, etc)
  • Eat Healthy
  • Write a gratitude list at night before I go to bed of 5 things I'm grateful for from that day and 5 things that I love about myself. 
I have been planning on challenging myself to something like this for awhile. I decided to start today, 6/2/11 because it would end on 6/22/11 and I liked the numbers in all of those dates. Today I knew I was gonna start it, but did nothing until around 2:45, when I quite simply could NOT sit still anymore. I was anxious, feeling terrible, nervous about a silly boy (for no reason), distracted and unhappy. I MADE myself get up and repeat the 5 affirmations in the mirror. I don't know what it was, but that SIMPLE little action lifted my spirits immediately and I had the drive to go for a run/ walk! I have always thought the affirmations in the mirror were a little weird and didn't know if they would work or not, but I think I'm sold on day one simply because it put me in an instantaneous better mood, and I was able to break a pattern.  In the past I would have just resigned to a nap/watching TV and then proceeded to beat myself up for the rest of the day for not being accountable to myself.

Why is it that we can be so accountable to other people, but when it comes to being accountable for ourselves we just can't seem to do it?

It ends today. Wanna take the challenge with me?

Shattering Resistance and Old Patterns!

Shatter Away!
Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment